Forget-Me-Not follows a comprehensive standard operating procedure to ensure that cremains are always returned to the rightful pet owner. For private cremations, it is important for owners to know that their beloved pet has truly been returned to them.
- Information, including details on your pet and your cremation wishes are completed at your veterinary clinic and placed into our automated tracking software.
- The vet places your pet in a holding container and a unique identification number is attached to your pets holding container.
- The unique identification number remains with your pet throughout the cremation process. The number is documented in our automated tracking software.
- Forget-Me-Not picks up your pet in their tagged holding container and double checks that our printed labels and your pets holding container tag are complete and correct.
- During cremation, the holding container identification tag is attached to the cremation chamber.
- After cremation your pets’ cremains are placed into an urn along with the identification number.
- A certificate of cremation bearing your pet’s name and date of cremation is prepared and returned with your pets’ cremains.